Yesterday I had the chance to do a podcast interview for Tom Parish which he just posted on his Talking Portraits website. The topic was initially about Social Media Optimization, but more specifically about the role of marketing with social media in the enterprise and some good discussion about common questions that people are asking about the role of social media in this world. A few topics we cover in the interview are:
- How is social media different from online forums and other longstanding discussion based sites?
- What is SMO and why is it getting so popular?
- What is the potential business value of marketing with social media?
- How do you navigate the internal sales process required to sell in social media initiatives?
- What are some big trends in social media for 2007?
Visit Tom’s site at www.talkingportraits.com to download the full podcast.