Rohit Bhargava is one of the world’s leading futurists and keynote speakers on trends and has taken the stage at hundreds of events in 32 countries around the world. He is the Wall Street Journal best selling author of six books and his signature book Non-Obvious is based on a ten year project to curate more than 100 cutting edge trends that have been changing our world. The latest edition of this book, Non-Obvious Megatrends is a #1 Wall Street Journal bestseller.
Contact Renee Strom To Check Availability at 612-281-4517 or email@example.com >
ABOUT ROHIT – FUTURIST + TREND KEYNOTE SPEAKER
Rohit Bhargava is a leading authority on trends and the future. He is the Founder of the Non-Obvious Company and the author of the Non-Obvious Trend Series, a ten year project that has been read and shared by more than 1 million readers. Rohit is widely considered one of the most entertaining and original keynote speakers on trends in the world.
His unique “Haystack Method” for curating trends has been extensively covered globally in the media and is the foundation for a popular Trend Curation masterclass that he has been invited to deliver for leaders and innovators at over 100 of the most innovative brands in the world, from NASA to Disney.
Rohit is the Wall Street Journal bestselling author of six books on topics as wide ranging as the future of business, building a human brand with personality, and why we choose to do business with people we like. Outside of his speaking and consulting, Rohit also teaches a popular course on forecasting, disruption and storytelling at Georgetown University in Washington DC and writes a monthly column on disruption and trends for GQ magazine in Brazil.
WHAT MAKES ROHIT AN EXPERT ON TRENDS AND THE FUTURE?
One of the things that separates Rohit from other keynote speakers on trends and the future is his non-obvious perspective thanks to his dedicated research process and 15+ years of real life consulting experience working with some of the largest brands in the world. Here are three specific things you should know about Rohit’s experience working in and speaking about trends and the future:
- 10+ Years Trend Predictions – Since 2011, Rohit has been writing his annual Non-Obvious Trend Report and amassed a readership of well over 1 million people for the series. His insights have been featured in the global media and inspired dozens of leaders to shift their business strategy to better anticipate the future. This track record of trends has been exhaustively reviewed for validity and his work in trend forecasting has won ten major book and research awards.
- A Reluctant Futurist – Though Rohit is frequently called a “Futurist,” he instead often describes himself as a student of the accelerating present. Rather than focusing on far-flung guesses about the future in his talks, he relays approachable stories about what is happening today and what lessons that can teach all of us about what will matter in the future over the next several years. In this sense, he is a near futurist — always focused on making sure every trend insight he shares is highly actionable and useful.
- Actionable Advice & Habits – A key element of Rohit’s process and talks is his ability to share lessons and a process for how anyone in the audience can use his approach to curate trends and ideas for themselves. This signature Haystack Method (click to watch video) is a highly visual, engaging and useful process that has allowed thousands of professionals to better seek out new ideas, be more open minded and even see connections between industries.
KEYNOTE TALK TITLE & DESCRIPTION
10 Non-Obvious Megatrends Changing Our Culture
For the past ten years, Rohit Bhargava has been publishing one of the most widely read annual trend reports in the world with a readership of well over 1 million people. In this completely revised new talk, Rohit will take an unprecedented look back at his ten years of “non-obvious” trend research in order to spotlight TEN bold new megatrends that are changing our culture, how we think and the way business is done. Unlike other futurist talks about the far flung future, this talk will be highly actionable with “stealable ideas” for how to use each trend as well as offering a behind-the-scenes look at Rohit’s award-winning Haystack Method for curating trends (and how anyone can use this same method for generating better insights and being more innovative). The future belongs to non-obvious thinkers and this talk will reveal what it really takes to be one of them.
WATCH ROHIT ON VIDEO
AUDIENCE FEEDBACK ABOUT ROHIT’S NON-OBVIOUS TREND KEYNOTES
“Rohit’s presentation was one of the most successful in our chapter’s history … his presentation drew rave reviews for delivering real content in an entertaining and easily accessible style.”
– Matt Ross, American Marketing Association
“After a long day for our attendees, I was originally reluctant to have a post dinner address to our executives. However, Rohit’s content and delivery had us hanging on his every word. He somehow feels the mood of the audience and tailors his message accordingly. This is not the first time we have used him, nor will it be the last.”
– Bob Houston, Richmond Events
“The best general session I have ever attended. Enjoyed the specific examples he gave. Far too often speakers pontificate or entertain, which is fun at the time, but then you don’t really use it afterward. I feel like I’ll actually use the things I learned from this session.”
– Attendee Feedback
“When we asked Rohit to create a custom keynote and training video and what Rohit managed to deliver blew us away! His non-obvious trends were perfectly customized for our industry and his content and delivery received rave reviews from our entire team.”
– Kaushal Shroff, Prudential
“Rohit Bhargava is a master at weaving stories together on stage, taking the audience on a journey, all the while, teaching them about how our culture is shifting. We’ve worked with Rohit many times and love having him speak at our events.”
– Jen Consalvo, Tech Cocktail
“Over and above being a fantastic speaker, booking Rohit also means you get a partner. Most speakers sign the contract and then perform. Rohit went over and above to help promote his keynote, deepen attendee engagement and generate opportunities to build off his speaking engagement. On-stage he was mesmerizing as he guided the audience through trends.”
– Paul Treanor, ad:tech
“Rohit’s talk was beautiful, validating, uplifting and contained so much truth. It was one of the best keynote presentations I have ever seen.”
– Attendee Feedback
“Rohit took the time to understand his audience and this was KEY! He also invested time AFTER the session later in the day to thank those who tweeted about his session. And he went several steps further by engaging people in conversation who raised points or questions. Class act!”
– Attendee survey feedback
“#curiosity marketing panel is the best SXSW one yet. Like a kickass college class you can’t wait to go to. Rohit is like a Social Media Robin Williams.”