Speaking: About Rohit – Bios & Headshots
Welcome event planners + media! This page has all my “official” bio information and links to headshots for print or media usage. Below you will find several different length bios ready for cutting and pasting. My headshot is at left, and book cover shots and more images are available lower on this page.
ABOUT ROHIT – The “Just The Facts” One-Liner Bio
Rohit Bhargava – Idea Curator | Storyteller | Listener | Nice Guy
Rohit Bhargava is a idea curator, storyteller, marketing expert, and the founder of the Non-Obvious Company. He is the Wall Street Journal best selling author of five business books, a sought after keynote speaker and Professor of marketing and storytelling at Georgetown University.
ABOUT ROHIT – The “Short On Space” 147 Word Short Bio
Rohit Bhargava helps brands and leaders win by learning to see what others miss. He is the Founder of the Non-Obvious Company and previously spent over 15 years leading digital and marketing strategy for global brands at two respected agencies: Leo Burnett and Ogilvy. Rohit is widely considered one of the most entertaining and original keynote speakers on marketing disruption and innovation in the world. He is the Wall Street Journal bestselling author of five books on topics as wide ranging as the future of business, building a human brand with personality, and why leaders never eat cauliflower. He has been invited to deliver sell-out keynotes and workshops to change the way teams and leaders think at the World Bank, NASA, Intel, LinkedIn, MetLife, Under Armour, Univision, Disney and hundreds more. Rohit also teaches a popular course on marketing and storytelling at Georgetown University in Washington DC.
ABOUT ROHIT – The “Give Me The Full Story” 394 Word Full Bio
Rohit Bhargava helps brands and leaders win by learning to see what others miss. He is the Founder of the Non-Obvious Company and previously spent over 15 years leading digital and marketing strategy for global brands at two respected marketing agencies: Leo Burnett and Ogilvy. Rohit is widely considered one of the most entertaining and original keynote speakers on business trends and marketing in the world.
A popular and “non-boring” keynote speaker, he has been invited to share his insights at events in 32 countries around the world, including multiple TEDx appearances and headlining roles at high-profile executive gatherings from Davos, Switzerland to NASA headquarters in Houston. His popular talks have earned rave reviews and inspired audiences from 10 to 10,000 people to build a more human brand, transform their marketing strategy, and innovate to win the future.
Rohit is the bestselling author of five books on topics as wide ranging as building a human brand with personality, creating marketing that earns real trust and the surprising reason why great leaders always eat left handed. His signature book, Non-Obvious, has been a Wall Street Journal best seller, read and shared by over 1 million readers and is currently in its 8th annual edition featuring his signature method for getting leaders and teams to think different.
His insights on business strategy and disruption have changed the way teams and leaders think at the World Bank, Intel, LinkedIn, MetLife, Under Armour, Univision, Disney and hundreds more. Rohit’s original thinking has also been featured widely in the global media. He has been quoted as a marketing and business expert by the Harvard Business Review, The Guardian, and NPR. He also writes a monthly column for GQ magazine in Brazil and his personal blog has been named one of the top 25 marketing blogs in the world by AdAge magazine.
Outside of his work with companies and research, Rohit also teaches a popular course on marketing and storytelling at Georgetown University in Washington DC – where he lives with his wife and two sons. He is a lifelong fan of anything having to do with the Olympics (he’s been to five so far!), actively avoids anything having to do with cauliflower (yuck!), and has dedicated his career to helping brands and leaders win by embracing their humanity and personality, learning to see what others miss, and predict the future.
ABOUT ROHIT – MORE DOWNLOADABLE IMAGES
Sometimes event planners need more than just the standard headshot for promotional purposes. To help, I have collected images of me speaking, book cover shots and an assortment of additional images into a single Flickr gallery. You are welcome to use any of these images for promotional purposes – and all images are available in multiple sizes directly from the gallery (including high resolution).
ABOUT ROHIT – “Bullet Point Lover” Quick Facts Bio
- Trusted By Leading Brands. Award winning keynote speaker with recent invitations to speak at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Global Communications Forum in Davos, multiple TEDx events, SXSW and at private executive and team events for large brands around the world including Coca-Cola, Univision, KFC, Disney, American Express, Prudential, SABMiller, Marriott and dozens of others.
- Award Winning Author. Wall Street Journal bestselling author of five books that have collectively been read or shared more than a million times and won numerous awards, including the Gold Atticus award, the Axiom Business Book Award, and shortlisted as Best Sales/Marketing Book by 800CEORead.
- Early Digital Pioneer. Digital transformation and marketing expert who was the former co-founder of the world’s largest team of social media strategists at Ogilvy and founding member of iLeo (Leo Burnett’s first digital agency) – including early digital strategy work for brands like Intel, Ford, IBM, Pfizer and many others across his 15 year agency career.
- Non-Obvious Trend Curator. Every December Rohit releases his eagerly awaited predictions for 15 “non-obvious” trends that will change business in the coming year. Since 2011 this report has been shared by more than 1 million readers. Unlike most “futurists,” Rohit’s specialty goes beyond trend predictions to his unique approach to also teaching organizations how to predict the future themselves.
- Versatile Friendly Speaker + Nice Guy. Rohit works hard to live up to his reputation as a nice guy – including being easy to work with, helping with the intangibles of events (like securing sponsors or helping promote) and generally being a positive and optimistic force.
- Frequently Interviewed By Global Media. Rohit has been interviewed or featured as a business expert by Fast Company, Wall Street Journal, The Guardian, NPR, MarketingChina, BBC, Globe and Mail, Harvard Business Review, CBS, and many other networks and publications.
- Popular Occasional Professor. One of the most highly rated Adjunct Professors in the Masters of Communications Program at Georgetown University in Washington DC teaching marketing, storytelling, pitching and public speaking.
- Global Mindset. Born in India and having lived in the Philippines and Australia before settling back in the US (where he grew up), Rohit routinely uses relevant examples in his talks from across the world and is skilled at using globally relevant language, delivery and stories for every talk.
- Industry Customization Without Bias. As a consultant, Rohit has experience in dozens of industries. He brings this diverse interconnected expertise to every event, making sure that he combines relevant industry knowledge + insight with a refreshing and unbiased outsider’s perspective to customize his talk.