This week, I added a piece on the homepage of the Ogilvy Blogfeeds with tips on pitching bloggers. This has been a topic on many PR and marketing blogs recently – generating almost as much discussion as the now tired declaration of the death of the press release . The intention of these tips is to provide a good starting point of understanding for a wider base of PR professionals who are just now stepping into their first experiences of dealing with bloggers, and learning that they are, in fact, different from journalists. Here is an excerpt of the 7 tips (full text is in the PDF download):
Get the "7 Tips for Pitching Bloggers" [2 Page PDF] - http://blogfeeds.ogilvypr.com.
There are also many other useful resources out there for PR pros interested in improving their skills when it comes to dealing with bloggers. Here are a few I would recommend:
- PR Lessons of a Clueless Blog Pitch (BL Ochman)
- Don’t be a bad pitcher (Anil Dash)
- The PR Wiki: Tips on Pitching Bloggers (Constantin Basturea)
- Blog Relations List (Tom Murphy)
- The Bad Pitch Blog (Richard Laermer and Kevin Dugan)